Long Island, NY
Amira is a contestant on Glee Project: The Next Generation.
A Bollywood-style dancer since she was young, Amira didn't start singing until just last year. She comes from a large, traditional Hindu family, of which she is proud. When she first came out as a lesbian to her family, her parents supported her, but treated it as a phase-- when she went to school and started seriously dating her current girlfriend, her mother seemed to realize it was real and they became distant.as she moved to Vegas to become a dancer, where she currently works at a studio as a receptionist/assistant instructor. She had begun making plans to move to Mumbai to try to break into Bollywood, but decided to audition for the Glee Project to tell her story and reach out to other Hindu girls in the US.
- Amira's favorite genre is Bollywood and Hindu Music
- Her music idols are Nicole Scherzinger, Elton John, Lady Gaga, and Katy Perry
- Her favorite movie is "Ra.One"
- Amira says the fact that she identifies as a lesbian puts a lot of strain on the relationship with her Hindu family, especially with her mother
- She tends to start laughing when she gets nervous
- When Amira was young, she adopted the stage name "Diamond Dil", which she used until high school
- She dances as a member of the Lunasha Bollywood Dance Company in Las Vegas, which performs in special events such as weddings and parties.
- Her favorite character on Glee is Blaine
- For The Glee Project Season 1 she was Team Alex
- For The Glee Project Season 2 she was Team Abraham
- Her dream role on Glee would be a proud Hindu that brings a taste of Bollywood to McKinley
- Amira would love to see an episode of Glee dedicated to Bollywood (like "Saturday Night Glee-ver")