Delia McCray is a contestant on Glee Project: A New Generation.
Delia is a country singer who's recently made the move from karaoke and linedancing belle to professional hopeful just last year. She grew up on a dairy ranch training as a show and stunt rider, but a jarring experience in high school caused by her epilepsy, a neurological disorder that causes tonic-clonic (grand mal) seizures, gave her a passion to transition from cowgirl to performer during her time at San Francisco State University, double-majoring in Animal Sciences and Dance. Delia's been taking singing/acting/dancing lessons for the last year since her move to Los Angeles, where she works as a judge and handler at livestock shows and auctions when not performing. Delia wants to win The Glee Project to offer a positive role model for teens with neurological disorders, as well as represent the country girl angle that she believes McKinley High School and Glee needs.
- Delia's favorite music genre is country
- Her favorite singers are Cher, Taylor Swift, and Reba McEntire
- She was first diagnosed with epilepsy at age 11
- She struggled with controlling her seizures her sophomore and junior year. During this time, she lost a lot of friends and was asked to quit several teams and clubs she was active in because her coaches weren't comfortable with her competing in her condition. Delia says this was one of the hardest times of her life
- During high school, she worked as a country dancing instructor at a country line-dancing club called "Kodiak Jack's"
- She won her first karaoke contest at age 13- she sang Reba McEntire's "Fancy"
- She began voice and acting lessons one year ago, along with jazz dancing lessons
- Her favorite Glee character is Mike Chang
- Her favorite Glee Project Season 1 contestant is Hannah, because she is friendly and fresh
- Her favorite Glee Project Season 2 contestant is Shanna, because she wasn't afraid to take chances and she sang fearlessly
- Delia began stunt riding at 12 years old
- She has a horse named Clark Kent because markings around his eyes that look like glasses
- She loves to walk on her hands
- She prefers sitting on tables or the floor to sitting on chairs/couches
- Delia likes to do yoga; her favorite positions are tree pose and standing bow pose
- The first concert she attended was Tanya Tucker
- Delia has three siblings, an older sister Winnie and younger brothers Logan and Ollie
- Her older sister Winnie plans to take over their dairy ranch when their father retires
- Delia owns a pair of "lucky boots" that she wore to the open casting call. She wears them to every LCP
- She can sing and play the violin part to Charlie Daniel Band's "Devil Went Down to Georgia". She can also dance the choreography (as featured in "Coyote Ugly"), but she can't do all three at once.
- She sang "Ring of Fire" for her audition